Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Is this the start of the Transformers Renaissance? Rise of the Beast

 


I am not going to lie. I am really looking forward to getting back into the cinematic movieverse of the Transformers. In fact I am hopping around like the Energizer Bunny! The trailers, the TV spots and the general direction the story seems to be taking all reeks of G1 goodness. My hope is that they will build on what worked for Travis Knight's Bumblebee. The images from the opening scene is forever seared into my memory. We can already see that they have kept most of the designs from the mentioned movie. Indeed we seem to be veering away from the messy Bayverse of excess everything. For one we have freaking Unicron, and he appears to be the Unicron from our favorite Transformers 1986 movie. He is not the 'core of Earth' Unicron from Bay's time line. I also appreciate how the Maximals and the Terrorcons are the main bot cast as opposed to bringing the Decepticons back. And we get a new antagonist, Scourge, Unicron's herald. It will  also be refreshing to see Optimus Prime in a different light as he learns from the Maximals about the value of human life. It will be a mark departure from the worldly wise Optimus we have grown so accustomed to. Just how good this movie will be, only time will tell. I just felt like getting my thoughts out there before the flick hits the silver screen. Not long more to wait. Movie opens June the 6th. I believe that this is what Hollywood needs to shake off the superhero fatigue. Here's hoping for a Renaissance of the Transformers franchise and a return to a fun filled and woke free summer blockbuster!

No comments:

Post a Comment